I had this little problem when running uTorrent. When I was download or uploading at pretty much any speed, I could not browse the internet, whether I was using Opera, Firefox or IE. My friend Noel over at NoelsReality had the same problem, and we found a solution.
It’s Nod32 that apparently can’t scan the http traffic quick enough, and then chokes http traffic because bittorrent traffic takes all the resources. We tried the solution posted by the user zaid786 on Wilders Security Forums, and it worked. I quick walkthrough follows:
- Open Nod32 interface and click F5 for advanced setup
- On the left hand menu find Web access protection and expand
- Expand HTTP and click on Web browsers
- In the right hand list locate uTorrent and make sure it is marked with a cross (x). Not empty or ticked (v). Just click the box untill it’s crossed
- Chose ok, and you’re done 🙂
Hope this helps 🙂